1.14.2012

Taco Salad Lovin'


I've always had a place in my heart for salads of all kinds, but lately this particular taco salad has been playing a pivotal role in my diet. It's extremely simple, but so beyond tasty. Depends on what I have on me but I either use lean ground beef or ground turkey.

Above I'm using:
2 lbs of lean ground beef,
1/2 c orange bell pepper
1/2 c red bell pepper
1/2 c green bell pepper
1/4 c onion, could use more but I only had this amount on me
1/4 c fat-free cream cheese (you could use more if you want it...creamier)
1 packet of low-sodium taco seasoning

I cook all of the above together and then place it onto of a bed of lettuce. Depending on how well I did eating-wise earlier in the day I will either add 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese or a dollop of plain greek yogurt (a tasty, healthy alternative to sour cream).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Make sure to leave your blog URL so I can come say "Hello!"

xo Sammy

Blogging tips