12.27.2011

Merry (belated) Christmas!


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! I've been quite busy lately with the holidays so I haven't had much of a chance to blog. Holidays are always so hectic because I celebrate with both sides of my family, as well as both sides of Alvi's family. I'm so disappointed in myself because I forgot to bring my camera to EVERY single Christmas gathering this year, but luckily I had my handy iPhone so I snapped a couple pics.

I love being Italian around Christmas time because we have so many fun and tasty traditions! Christmas Eve dinner always consists of two different types of pastas. The original pasta dish is what we simply call "white pasta" which has an anchovy sauce. (Sounds gross? It's actually not so bad) This pasta has been around forever in my family. It wasn't until my brother was born that they finally started making penne or mostaccioli with my grandpa's homemade sauce. There is always an abundance of fish, sausage, meatballs, and bread, as well. My Great-Aunt. Mary Jane, always makes a traditional dessert pizzafrite (pictured above) which is basically like a sugary donut and pizzelle, which is an Italian cookie.

My Aunt Gina always comes up with some games to play on Christmas Eve night. This year we played her rendition of "Somewhere Around a Minute to Win It!" (like the game show). It was HILARIOUS. One of the games we had to place a cookie on our forehead, and had to wiggle the cookie down into our mouths using only our face. I have a couple videos that I'll debate posting.

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday with family and friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Make sure to leave your blog URL so I can come say "Hello!"

xo Sammy

Blogging tips