11.17.2011

A Walking Cliche

I'm the walking cliche. At almost 23 years old I'm taking a big step in my life. I'm graduating college and.............. moving into my parent's basement. The thing is, though, I'm not upset. In fact, I'm beaming with excitement. I've been living in a small town in southern Minnesota for the last 4 and 1/2 years. I'm from a suburb of the cities so this is a big change to me. You know that saying "you can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl"? Well, that's me. I belong in the cities (what we Minnesotans say when we refer to Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding suburbs).
City Lights

Downtown Minneapolis skyline


Now, I'm not saying I had a terrible time here in Mankato. It was definitely a roller-coaster ride, though. I left a toxic relationship, fell in love with my best friend, gained and lost a lot of friends and watched my mom fight breast cancer head on  - just to name a few moments.

I'll miss all the secret spots I found in Mankato. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Make sure to leave your blog URL so I can come say "Hello!"

xo Sammy

Blogging tips