11.17.2011

Don't forget to breathe

Whenever I'm truly upset and confide in Alvi the first thing he tells me to do is to "take a deep breath". When we first started dating this used to annoy me so much. I would think Oh, are you just trying to shut me up!? Obviously, I was overly-dramatic but I slowly realized this was probably the best advice he could have ever given me. When emotions are high we need to step back and take a few deep breaths. Close your eyes and feel your lungs fill with air. Part your lips and let the air escape slowly as you blow it out. Do this 5x... do this 10x. Do it for however long you may need until you are finally peaceful. 

Another thing that helps is thinking of the little things in life that make your heart smile. A few of mine: Boyd's puppy paws and new lipstick.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Make sure to leave your blog URL so I can come say "Hello!"

xo Sammy

Blogging tips