14 days of love 5 things art Astrology beauty behind the lens blog crush book club books boyd contest cooking crafts date ideas decor design diy etsy favorites exercise fashion fitness food gift guide gifts hair healthy home home decor how-to in the stars inspiration instagram links listography minnesota mixtape movies music organize personal photographs polyvore reading spring trends travel trends tutorials wanted lately weekly roundup what's in my bag? wishlist
12 resolutions in 2012
I understand I'm a little late on the whole resolution thing. To be honest, I completely forgot to write this post! So anyway, I don't usually make resolutions. I'm more of a "bucket list" type of person. Resolutions seem so intimidating like I'm setting myself up for failure. I decided, though, since this maybe be my last year of life (2012 reference, of course) I should make a list of 12 resolutions for 2012.
1. Quit a bad habit - I have a couple in mind. There are a few habits that if I would quit them, other bad habits would follow suit. If this makes sense at all.
2. Follow my fitness book - I recently read an article about a fitness book that you could purchase. It had you plan out a routine for 8 weeks and you would log your fitness, nutrition, goals and notes inside. I was inspired and created my own version. Maybe one day I'll set up a template and give you guys a copy.
3. Expand my blog - I'm still extremely new to the business so there is still a lot to learn and do. Preferably, I hope to learn html.
4. Read more - I have soooooo many books that are book marked and never finished. I get bored and distracted really easily and then forget about them. I hope in 2012 that I read more and finish some of those damn books!
5. Photo 365 - I read about this challenge on a blog a couple years ago and took a mental note. What you do is simply take a photo every day for an entire year. It will help all types of photographers, whether you're a beginner or advanced. You can learn to get creative and see things in a different way.
6. Get into art school - Fingers crossed.
7. Let go of past negativity - There was a lot of negativity in my life in 2011. I still have a lot of it resting on my shoulders, holding my down. I need to let go of this energy and move on, completely.
8. Drink more water.
9. Learn woodworking from Grandpa - My Grandpa is always building things for family and friends - book cases, storage, arbors, etc. It's always something I wanted to learn from him.
10. Learn ceramics from Grandma - My Grandma is an extremely talented porcelain painter. She paints some of the most beautiful things! Her forte includes: florals and women... and clowns (slightly creepy but she makes them cute). My mom and I both have thousands of her plates. I use mine to store my jewelry! They're truly amazing. I'll post some pics soon.
11. Take a painting or photography class - Hopefully both.
12. Moisturize - Winter does terrible things to my very sensitive skin. I need to start moisturizing every. day.
What are some of your resolutions? Do you usually stick to them?